Bentley Systems Incorporated, has announced the release of RAM Connection CONNECT V12. This software offers the best flexibility for the design of different shear, moment, braces, splices and base plates connection types.
RAM Connection CONNECT Edition v12.0.0 Release Notes – Updated March 2018:
1. Hollow structural section connections. Based on AISC 360-16 and the AISC Design Guide 24. Including:
- HSS-to-HSS Truss Connections:
. Y-T connections
. K (or N) connections
. KT connections
. X (or cross) connections
- HSS-to-HSS Moment Connections:
. T connections
. Y connections (for round HSS only)
. X (or cross) connections
2. New AISC hollow section brace directly bolted connection for bracing connections (i.e. CBB, CVR, VXB and Gusset Base plate).
3. New AISC column splice end plate connection for rectangular and circular hollow sections.
4. The new 64 bit version. RAM Connection from now on will be compatible with 64 bit versions OS.
5. 64x64 pixels icons for all ribbon commands to avoid blurring in high DPI displays.
1. Changing resolution several times was causing the connection not to be shown. The application was saving incorrectly the sizes of its controls deriving in some controls blocking the connection pad where the connection is displayed. Control sizes now are being saved correctly regardless the resolution.
2. AISC clip angle design for bolt bearing at beam side was not considering eccentricity (C factor) when a > 3". This is fixed now and the clip angle considers eccentricity as other shear connections.
3. RAM Connection is consistent with RAM Structural System unit system selected and displays the accurate material name accordingly (e.g. RamFy 51 (English) - RamFy 351 (SI)).
4. Selecting "none" for anchor position in a gusset base plate connection was causing errors. This is fixed now and the gusset base plate connection supports "none" anchors as the regular base plate.
5. Other several minor fixes.
About RAM Connection. RAM Connection, a steel connection design application, is fully integrated with RAM Structural System, RAM Elements, and STAAD.Pro and coming soon with ProStructures! RAM Connection can check or design connections in seconds. RAM Connection provides comprehensive analysis and design of virtually any connection type and the designs include the tedious seismic code provision requirements. Workflows are optimized with integration of 3D design and detailing models and through the ability to customize the program.
- Design and optimize any connection type included in the AISC specifications, including both ASD and LRFD. Connection types include shear and moment connections, braced frame connections, and column and beam splices. Seismic provisions for moment and braced frames are also incorporated.
- A single connection can be designed and duplication of effort and errors can be minimized with the integration of 3D design and detailing models. Utilize your RAM Structural System, RAM Elements, and STAAD.Pro design models with RAM Connection for seamless connection design of your entire structure.
- RAM Connection V8i includes base plates for almost any kind of column support. Choose between uniaxial or biaxial analysis, design the base plate per AISC 360-05 (additional seismic check per AISC 341-05 included), design the anchor bolts per ACI 318-05 appendix D in seconds, and get all the detailed reports and structural details you need for your base plate designs.
- RAM Connection provides flexibility due to its easily customizable interface. Conform to your office standards by entering your own connection tables and rules-of-thumb. Modifying the standard connection databases lets companies incorporate their expertise right into the program.
About Bentley Systems, Incorporated. Bentley is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive architecture and engineering software solutions for sustaining infrastructure. Founded in 1984, Bentley has nearly 3,000 colleagues in more than 45 countries, $500 million in annual revenues, and, since 2001, has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Product: RAM Connection
Version: CONNECT Edition V12 (version 12.00.00.31)
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page : http://www.bentley.com
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even or newer
Size: 394.6 mb